Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in San Jose? As a general rule, you should consider three primary areas of your property for video surveillance: your front door, the outside perimeter, and key interior rooms. Although your installation team will be able to suggest where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Always Protect Your Main Entrance
Even though it might seem absurd that a burglar would make an effort to simply enter through your home’s main entryway, 34% of break-ins occur at this passageway. You also have package thieves among other dangers to think about. Doorbell surveillance is ideal to manage these possibilities with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Video doorbells are extra useful as you are able to speak with any visitors who walk up and engage the doorbell. With the help of your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you may respond to all engagements with 2-way talk and live video and look like you’re home. In the event a visitor attempts something nefarious, you can have your video doorbell automatically document the event on video and deliver it to your mobile phone with a text message.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Cameras
Where to place home security cameras around your property is often a difficult undertaking. Fortunately, there are some useful suggestions to greatly increase the likelihood that your home is defended properly.
- Cameras at the corners of your San Jose home offer a better sightline, seeing two sections of your exterior.
- Right under an overhang or into a length of trim or siding are ideal locations for security cameras as they will be somewhat concealed by the edge of your house.
- Above your garage, because the garage door is a more likely entryway for invaders than you’d think!
- Overlooking a deck or back door -- or any entrance that can’t be seen from the sidewalk.
For each installation, you should always prune any overgrown plants or trees that may block your view.
Tips To Get The Most From Your Indoor Video Equipment
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in San Jose. However, the added adaptability results in there being additional aspects to consider:
- Windows and Sunlight: While you’ll want to be certain your windows are secure, the natural light through a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Point your interior camera lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to eliminate this problem.
- Take the High Road: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a video camera located in a higher spot will produce a broader view. Consider putting your cameras above bookcases or affixed to the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t have the chance to safeguard your home if it’s damaged or destroyed. Install your devices in locations where little ones and house pets aren’t able to tamper with them. Consider mounting or other ways of attaching them to be certain they won’t wobble if mistakenly jostled.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top surveillance system will fail to be of much use if you’ve got a plant blocking the view. On the other hand, potted plants and other decor items can also serve as a means to conceal your surveillance installation. Just make sure they don’t impede the view!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and security devices, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your complete residence -- safeguarding all areas. Just call (408) 641-3351 or submit the form below to get started.