How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In San Jose
Security cameras can simply be installed as a warning—a display that informs burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to bolster your home’s security.
Luckily, modern security cameras arrive equipped with a plethora of additions all designed to provide all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these additions empower you to get the most from video surveillance in San Jose.
How To Set Up Your San Jose Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
Installing your security cameras in the perfect spots around your home is the right place to start with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in high traffic rooms like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a smart notion to have a camera near main doors, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to enter through to access the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras work best to afford a clear view of your front door, driveway, and patio, shed, and other outdoor detached buildings, like sheds. You can always see a view of your front porch with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are locations around your house that are less vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Privacy for you and your visitors should be a primary concern before mounting a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you want some type of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Device location is only the first step in extracting the utmost from home security cameras in San Jose. The features shown below help to optimize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant messages on your mobile device the instant unusual motion is detected. You can also program cameras to automatically start capturing footage when movements are discovered which helps add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your security cameras to record and save clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of today’s security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to chat with anyone via the device. Through ADT Control, you can act like you’re inside or talk to your kids as they come home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more complete view of any space. Check for cameras that provide at least 120° coverage or that are able to pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your video surveillance have either LED or infrared sensors that can produce footage of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the flexibility to protect specific locations within your home.. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to alert you of movement happening on your yard or your patio and ignore traffic passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera feeds, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send timely alerts when the detect unusual motion around your property.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in San Jose is easier. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your security system is elevated from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (408) 641-3351 or submit the form below to begin personalizing your home security system today.