What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In San Jose
You know you need to defend your home. After all, it’s where your family lives and is where you have all of your possessions. But what form of home security is right for you? Whether or not to utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the primary choices you need to make. Examine the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in San Jose and get a better sense of what’s best for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to an external monitoring team that is prepared to offer assistance at any moment. If a window sensor triggers or a CO detector begins beeping, your monitoring specialists get a notification instantly. They quickly take action to confirm the alarm and dispatch the appropriate emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored system doesn’t have a backup team. You could consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your system is tripped, you need to respond to resolve it. This choice is the more affordable solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In San Jose
Here’s a short look at the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having 24-hour support in place is always wise. If you are on vacation, not awake, or without access to your cell phone, your property and its inhabitants will still be watched over.
- Quicker response: Monitoring professionals are always prepared. They’ll react in a speedier fashion to incidents than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems might qualify you for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Top-of-the-line components and flawless integration: When you get equipment, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security expert, you will gain access to a fully connected system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across on your own.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: There is a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Have to get a professional install: Many individuals would rather have the job completed by qualified technicians, but some DIYers might want to handle it on their own.
- Need to sign a contract: You will generally have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This will be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is a benefit you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In San Jose
Here’s a brief overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t need to pay a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: Some could deem this to be a pro as they can do the installation themselves and avoid an installation expense. Other residents will prefer going with a skilled technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You may incorporate equipment when you wish - and from your choice of manufacturer. With that being said, you could find integrating into a fully connected system more challenging.
- You have complete control: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting support.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’re away from your smartphone and don’t see a security notification? This circumstance will generate additional stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Demands your full attention: Due to the fact you are the single person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- No help setting up the system: If you want a helping hand during an install, you may have to hire someone else. The installation process is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In San Jose
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in San Jose from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the best choice for your family. Call (408) 641-3351 today to customize your package.